Monday, May 19, 2008

Praying for Rain ... and Reign

Poor rainfall in rainy seasons = less water for hydroelectric power & less water for crops = lack of food = famine conditions
Rising cost of food production (due to factors such as: environmental changes, poor rainfall, and crops being used for fuel or livestock) = less aid for the same cost = less food distributed to areas of need = famine conditions
Rising costs for food & fuel = economic downturn in developed countries = less giving to aid organizations = less aid provided to those in need
There are many things running slow right now because of lack of electricity, which comes from lack of water. Please continue to pray with us that Ethiopia will receive the much needed rain.
I also wanted to share with you this wonderful picture of Africa with the little hands on Ethiopia - we are waiting and praying!

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Thanks, Jori. I have been so out of it lately, I didn't even know about the current famine. I will definitely begin praying...and I love the picture! Wouldn't that make an awesome t-shirt?!? Oh...and happy belated anniversary AND birthday!!! Danielle