Thursday, August 14, 2008

My "funny" God ...

Well, I just have to share a little incite from my week. On Monday was registration for Saubi at a new school and so while there I decided no time like the present to ask about school for our girl coming that will speak Amharic. I give them the low-down and get sent to the "special" table and tell them ... Um, we have ESL classes. They would place her by her age and what grade she should be in and she would go to ESL classes for 1/2 the day and then regular classroom for the rest of the day. OK, I at least have some information to process at this point. (Our little school is actually pretty well graded for one-on-one basis.)
We then are heading out to the pool for some family fun and guess who is there? A young lady with 4 black children. Now, I know she is really to young to have adopted them and yet I could not help but to ask how they fit together. (I know, I know. Curiosity killed the cat:):)) Her mother is the ESL teacher at another elementary school close by and this family lives only a couple doors down from her house. She said they all just fell in love with these kids and she is getting her Masters for ESL training as well. WHAT??? How can all this be happening right now? The entire family was sponsored and brought over from Swaziland by a local church. They have been here just over a year and spoke English very well and all attend school. Now, I just had to finally ask What is ESL? (Well, I couldn't just keep going on if this is something that I obviously need to know about!:)) English as a Second Language. OK, makes since now.
Then, go home and to bed. Tuesday morning we are running to town and my oldest has a Christmas present (yes, I said Christmas) she needs to deliver. It is a older lady (wonderful mentor) that took to my daughter while helping her in school and she has a husband with pretty bad Alzheimer's. So, I have alot to do, hurry up and I will wait in the car with your sister and brother. She goes in and out comes the husband ... you can't sit in the car, come on in and have some ice cream. Great, You know it was a no brain-er now that the kids heard ice cream. In we all go and start to visit. I really am just trying to be polite and hurry things along when she asks how the adoption is going? Now, the Lord is just telling to be still and sit with them. OK, we start to talk about our girls and she says: ya know, my daughter teaches ESL. WHAT?? OK, OK I am sitting and listening Lord. It is her daughter that her grand daughter was talking with me about at the pool the night before. Can this really be? This present was suppose to be delivered 8 months ago and yet again, we were just were God wanted us to be in His timing. She was wonderful and said to call when we get home with the girls and she and her daughter will come visit with them and she can help me with some communication stuff. She even said, there are going to be bad days and honey you call me and I will come and you can just cry and we will work through it.
I am, yet again, amazed at the Lords timing in my life!! I am also trying to "be still and listen" more. Keeping talking Lord, I am learning!!

6 comments:

Renee' said...

Oh my, that is just too funny! I love it!!

Team Dragovich said...

Jori, I love that you keep up with me even though I am such a bad consistant blogger :D... and I have to apologize that I didn't even realize that you received your referral!!!!! And I am sitting here crying because-- a) I hate that I missed it (I guess we were in Gatlinburg--and I never even tried to catch up with YG) and b) my deepest desire is for 2 girls... and I guess I just can't even imagine the joy you must be living with right now; and I guess I am "projecting" my own joy, too :)-- imagining Duni calling me with a referral for TWO instead of only one. I guess I have sort of put it out of my mind that it is even possible that there would be two little girls there for us-- and maybe there isn't... but maybe there is and this daily dying to my desires and Praising God for His, seems to be all my life is about :D.
So, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!

I love to blog-- I just don't always have the time... but just posting on our site is sometimes comic relief, so I hope to stay more regular with that :D!

BTW-- my husband and I have often considered making Idaho our home post-military. Then we moved to NC-- but we do LOVE Idaho!!!! :D
Grace,
Shari

MommyofDoom said...

Jori! He really does work in mysterious ways, doesn't he? All that talk about ESl right when you needed it! How cool is that?

And you're right, I get the feeling we'd be a whole lot of trouble if we lived near each other. Thankfully, there are two states seperating us. What? Only two? Yeah, but they're pretty big states and REALLY boring to drive across. We'll have to work on getting together sometime. Maybe we should organize a giant reunion for the ET folks and hold it somewhere out here...like Sturgis. :)

Kelly said...

That is incredible... God's way are so much better than our own... What a creative and fun God do we have!!!

Renee' said...

Hi Jori!

Nikki's lots better now, thanks to fuzzy blankies, mummy love, and medicine... LOL.

I did tell Terra of our decision and she said that she "updated their database to reflect that".

I know what ya mean... I wish there was another dot in Arkansas too! But at least we have a few dots within a days drive but you are really isolated out there in Idaho!! Start recruitin' girl!!

Rebecca Caldwell said...

Jori,
What an awesome story and blessing!!! God is so "funny" isn't he!