Tuesday, August 5, 2008

TODAYS THE DAY!! :):) WE ARE 7!!!

At 7:55 this morning ~ I was so not prepared ~ It was Duni's voice I heard on the other end of the line!!

Hello?

Hi, is this Jori?

Yes.

This is Duni.

Hi Duni. Welcome home!

Thanks! I think I might have a referral for you.

What?

A 2 year old and a 7 year old sisters.

What?

You get the idea! I was thinking we are not even in the top 10! I was so not expecting this! How can it be that I was not even thinking about this happening right now! Now you must know that Tracy and I were just talking about 2 weeks ago ~while Duni was in ET (I was emailing her just to touch base about our desire for 2) ~ that she could be seeing and loving on our kiddos right now! It was the first and only time that our Lord has laid it on my heart and was such a calming feeling!! I just can not believe how amazing and wonderful HE is right now! So many things that line up together and yet again, I was not even ready for it to be Duni's voice on the other end! Why am I amazed at HIS sense of humor?!

So, OK. I did remember to say: Now this is the time that everyone says OK in shock and then has a million questions when they hang up. So can you tell me what I need to know? I then had to say I will call you back after I call my husband. OK? OK. Called my hubby and then tried to call Duni back ~ alot of times. Well, she was by then giving out the Juvinalls referral and then on to stuff for conference call and then by the time that was over it something was up with her computer so, needless to say, we officially got photos and info. about 2 hours ago!!! 2 girls!!! I went shopping last night and just got home from UPS to overnight to the Cox's so that they can take our girls a package on Friday when they fly to ET to pick up their Wesley!! A crazy busy day!!! Thank you Lord!!! So I am sure I will think of more later but for now ... we are 7!!!!

13 comments:

Susan said...

WOW!!! Congratulations!!! I am so happy for all 7 of you!

Love you! Susan

beBOLDjen said...

Congrats Jori!!! We are SOOO happy for your family!

Rob and Candy said...

YIIIIIPPPPPPEEEEE~! I am so glad you did not have to become a Queen!
I cannot wait to hear more.
LOVE YOU!
candy

searchingforjazz said...

I love this. Having now gone through this whole adoption thing and having adopted a 5 and 6 year old I am a strong advocate for adopting older children and getting siblings too - amazing! Congratulations guys.
May God's grace be with you,
John

Carpenters said...

Yaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhoooooooooooo!! Congratulations! I am so happy for you all. I can't wait to "meet" your two newest additions.

With Love,
Penelope

Rebecca Caldwell said...

whoohooo!!! That is sooo awesome!!! And I just realized....you are not on our blogroll!!! How could this have happened?? :)

the Steiger's said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!
That is a great news. I can not wait to see pictures.
love, Lenka

alisa said...

We are so excited for your family (now 7) -- God bless you!!!

williamandshelley said...

amazing! congratulations - so happy for you all!!

Apryl said...

I am ecstatic!!! Seven is a wonderful number :) With each older referral I wonder if it's any of the kids I remember from Kids Care...I pray so! Can't wait to hear more, with court and all. So fantastic that you got a package out in time. Very excited for you!!

with love,
apryl

Danielle said...

SO HAPPY FOR YOU! This is absolutely wonderful and amazing. (and I'm impressed you had your head about you and moved so fast with the care package!)

Love,
Danielle

E said...

Congratulations, Jori! I'm so happy to read this news and look forward to continuing to follow your journey - can't wait to see those pictures come October either!!!

Love,
Erica

Cindy Foote said...

The Footes are so incredibly excited for you! I can't wait to see pics of your TWO girls! I can't believe - and yet I can bc the Lord is so good - that you got sibling girls! So awesome!

congratulations!!!!
Cindy