Well, I have been waiting to post till I am emotionally feeling better but hey, this seems to be where I am right now so this is it. Both of the girls started with new schools this week and I am thinking that may be some of this "bleak" feeling. They have been at the same school since kindergarten and so a big change for both of them and well, I think Savannah said it best so far. "Mom, I'm not to nervous about going to a new school it's just that I am afraid I will be forgotten at the old one." So new friends will come in and yet how does she hold on to the past ones that she is use to seeing everyday for the past 10 years? Life is changing so very much right now for all of us. My little guy will start pre-K school next week for about 3 hours 4 days a week - Hmmm ... more changes to come. (Mental note ~ I must get some work done and not blog all morning while I am alone! I will work, I will work, I will work! :))
I am also praying and waiting (not so patiently) for some families that were in ET last week to send us some photo's of our girls. I am still processing this "how can I miss someone I have never met/never touched/never talked to etc. so very much?! I am also trying to use the "Have they been tested for AIDS" question as a educational opportunity, thus I don't get offended when "they" ask. Like, I could just say yes they have and walk away - I want to some times - but I must tell them their are many with HIV in orphanages that are adoptable and will live just fine here with our medical care. I don't feel obligated to tell them the status of our girls and we are not even dealing with that issue - I just want for them ALL to be loved and so many people need to wake-up to that. I have now heard the "that is wonderful & there needs to be more people like you" phrase enough to now think about some responses to engage people in that conversation.
And I think I must mention that a family in our YG received a referral for a little girl the end of July and she became ill. She was admitted to the hospital in ET (so hard not to be with your child) and has since passed away. I can not even begin to imagine the pain and loss this family is going through so I will not try but I would ask for you to pray for them. (Our Lord knows them by name)
This being said I would also ask that you continue to pray for the many kiddos waiting for the courts to re-open in October so they may be joined with their forever families. Praying for health and food and safety. We are praying through these many changes in our lives and making arrangements for our girls to come home (who gets what rooms) and yet everyday we are missing them.
Friday, August 22, 2008
Changes ...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Hey girl! Just popping in to say that I sent out your snuggly today! Hope you like it. Thank you so much for the generous donation! I am blessed!! :-)
Post a Comment