Friday, July 11, 2008

4th of July 2008


Fourth of July: We were out of town for a work/family week end this year! There was a great fireworks display and yet I was so reminded of the "hero's" that provide this freedom for us! We have a great and wonderful friend who is currently on his second tour there and I could not help but think of him continually as the fireworks were going off. So Thank you to all before you (my husband included!) and to you now for standing firm for our country! We love you and miss you! Be safe!!
It also made me think and wonder as my kids were loving them and in awe what would next bring at this time? Our kids from ET will not know this tradition and really not a connection with it (for a while anyway). What will "As American as apple pie" mean to them? Probably nothing, and what does it mean to us anyway?? :):) I just want them to feel safe and loved and know that we are all a part of our Lord and Savior's family! There could be nothing greater!

No comments: