Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Birthdays ~ Family ~ & Coke cans




So, once again, I'm behind. I check my YG everyday and I read lots of other blogs everyday but to get to my blog everyday ... just isn't happening! So the first photo is of the family at the park with Monica and Steve on their first trip home from the heart hospital since April. It was great to see them and get to spend some time with them with the entire family. They have also been released from the Dr. to be able to come home and go to work so ~ we will see how things go at first before they make any more decisions. He still does not qualify for a heart trans. at this point but can be on the heart pump indefinitely if need be so, once again, taking it one day at a time. They are trying to get home and go from there!
"Vanna just turned 15 this last weekend and hence the photo of "some" of them just talking on the stairs. It was a good (LONG ~ SLEEPLESS) weekend - Oh to be young again! There was BBQ, movies, bowling, water, mall shopping, and food (and food, and food!) Who says teen-age girls don't like to eat? They require lots of food to giggle so much!!
AND ALAS ~ I told you I would find ET Coke-cola cans!! "Vanna and I had been checking all the stores when we go anywhere and found one at a gas station!! Yea!! I wish it was more close-up but hey, can mess with that later. It was fun to find the cans!
Adoption ~ Hmmm! Three families have passed court this last week and are leaving on the 8th of Aug. to go get their kiddos!! There are 4 families that are praying to pass today and then they could travel later in Aug. The more the merrier! So good to see them be able to go get their kids and not have to wait till courts re-open in Oct. We are hoping still for Sept. but ... waiting on the Lords timing. I have emailed with our coordinator (while she was in ET) and she is fully aware of our situation and seems to be positive with our expectations. I do know of 1 family that declined a ref. because it was for 1 infant and they totally feel led to have 2 ~ OK Lord, give me the strength to follow and not act on my emotions at the time. Also, please be praying for the families waiting for girls ~ they are Oct. families and the waiting is getting LONG!! I have a friend that is waiting for a toddler ref. from Oct. as well, pray for paperwork to progress and that the families would be matched as God already has them planned!!!

2 comments:

Rob and Candy said...

you are getting soo close to the top of the boy list!!!
thanks for loving me!
candy

tisha said...

Yay, you found your coke cans!! :)
Tisha