Well, I really wanted to have a picture of us with the new Olympic coca cola Ethiopian can but ... I purchased 4 for $10 and then opened them to get out 5 for our photo and they are all the same!! So I have now oped all 4 12 packs and have 1 USA and 3 Thailand! I can not believe they are not assorted! So, if you know me very well, you know I do not give up easy. I have now been to 3 grocery stores, popping in the handle portion on the package and looking through them for Ethiopia!! Yep, that's me in the isles stacking all the coke up and caring that people are walking by wondering "what in the world"? Hey, I got this idea in my head so gotta figure it out. I am actually thinking that I will be heading to our local coke plant and seeing if I can just buy from them there. (I know, some you smart people already thought of that in the beginning!) So for now I am posting a picture of the 5 of us as we are now ~ can't wait for there to be more!! It has been 5 months of waiting and actually we are about # 18 in line for referral ~ I can't believe that we are actually in the teens!! Now if you break it down by requests we about #9 for either gender (pretty sure we would get a boy) and for siblings we are about # 5 or 6!!!! I am staring to think this is really going to happen!!! Now the courts will be closing in about 3 weeks till the 2 week of October so even if we do get our referral say Sept. or Oct. the courts will be back logged and we have to pass court before we can even travel ~ meaning it could be January or February before we are able to bring them home. We just ask that you keep praying and that we will be at peace with "HIS will!!'
There are many families trying to pass court right now before the closure and our Ethiopian coordinator, Duni, is in ET right now doing all she can to get as many as possible through the system. PLEASE pray for them as they obviously do no want to have to look at a picture all summer and not have there children with them.
God is good and we are praising HIM !!!




5 comments:
Hang in there! I can't imagine what that sort of wait is like...I can imagine a different sort and pray you don't have that kind. Anyway...I hope your referral will be perfectly timed...and that you'll be able to bring your child home as soon as possible!
Let us know how the Coke search goes. Such a fun idea...though I prefer Pepsi...but whatever. :) Honestly, I prefer 7UP if we have to get down to it (which we totally didn't).
Keep hangin' in there. Looking forward to hearing your good news when it comes and reading what's going on in the meantime!
Erica
Jori,
I was laughing so hard picturing the scene...and knowing how I am when I get determined about something! And I could totally relate to the whole, "Oh my word! This is really getting closer!" I've been doing that a lot more lately, too (although I'm still doing well about not buying much!)
Blessings,
Danielle
Jori, You are really getting close! It is overwhelming to think about-- I don't even know where we are in line, all I know it is really far down the list. We are in the either 1 or two line-- it sounds like that is how you are as well?? I want to bring home to very badly, but I don't know that the chances of that are very good. Trust and obey, trust and obey :)
I know I have been out of the loop this summer. It's good to catch up!!
Grace and Peace,
Shari
Jori,
You are getting so close! Wow! I can't wait to hear who your little one/ones will be!
Hope you can find the Coke you're looking for! ;)
Tisha
What a wonderful looking family! I can't wait to see the additions.
I had no idea Coke was doing this until my mom handed me one at her house. I can't bear to open it, so it sits in our fridge unopened.
With Love,
Penelope
Post a Comment